AGREEMENT TO TERMS
What these Terms do not cover: Your purchase of the Products is governed by the Return/Refund Policy and are subject to the Sales Terms.
No Warranties and Limited Liability; Arbitration: These Terms provide you with certain legal rights, but you may have other, additional legal rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Please note that Virtual Tread doesn't provide warranties for the Services, and these Terms limit our liability to you. Please see Sections 3 and 4 for details. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages or other rights, so those provisions of these Terms may not apply to you. These Terms require the use of binding arbitration to resolve disputes rather than jury trials or class actions. Please see below for details, including instructions to follow in order to opt out of binding arbitration and the class action waiver.
REGISTRATION; RULES FOR USER CONDUCT AND USE OF THE SERVICE
You need to be at least 13 years old to use the Service.
Use of and Access to Services; Open Source.
(a) Subject to your continued compliance with these Terms, Virtual Tread grants you on a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable right to access and use the Services online through the Web Apps. Virtual Tread reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make necessary unscheduled deployments of changes, updates or enhancements to the Services at any time. We may add or remove functionalities or features, or suspend or stop the Services altogether, at any time, and without prior notice to you. You agree that Virtual Tread will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services or any part of the Services.
(b) Certain portions of the Services contain open source software (“Open Source Components”) that are licensed under the terms of the applicable open source licenses. The terms of the applicable licenses of the Open Source Components take precedence over the terms of these Terms, only to the extent the terms of these Terms are not permitted by the applicable licenses of the Open Source Components.
Your permission to use the Site is conditioned upon the following Use Restrictions and Conduct Restrictions: You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- use the service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- use another user’s account without permission;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
- make any automated use of the system, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data; or
- publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
You will not (and will not allow others to): (a) publish, copy, rent, lease, lend, sell, license, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit the Services, (b) access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive service or other commercial offering or for any other purposes, (c) remove any product identification, proprietary, copyright, or other notices contained in or displayed with the Services, (d) assign or transfer the Services, (e) work around any technical or security restrictions or limitations in the Services, (f) modify, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of the Services, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are prohibited by applicable law or by the licensing terms governing the use of open-source components that may be included with the Services, (g) copy, reproduce, distribute, download, display, or transmit the Services (or any portion of the Services) in any form or by any means, except as expressly permitted by these Terms, (h) use any Internet-based features in any way that could interfere with others’ use of them or to try to gain access to or use any service, data, account, or network in an unauthorized manner, (i) upload, transmit, or distribute any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer or communication network, computer, handheld mobile device, data, the Services, the Device, or any other system, device or property, or (j) access or attempt to access any of the Services by means other than an interface provided by Virtual Tread.
OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE
Except for the limited license rights expressly provided in these Terms, Virtual Tread and its licensors have and will retain all rights, title, and interest (including all intellectual property rights) in and to the Services. Any suggestions, information or feedback provided by you to Virtual Tread regarding the Services or Products (including, without limitation, with respect to modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the Services or Products or any ratings or reviews of the Services or Products) or materials you post or submit to the Services for review by the general public (each a “Submission” and collectively “Submissions”) is voluntary, and you hereby grant to Virtual Tread a world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, transferrable, perpetual license to use (and authorize others to use) any Submission without restriction. Virtual Tread is not obligated to post or use any Submission provided by you, and Virtual Tread may, in its sole discretion, remove any Submission at any time. By providing, posting or submitting a Submission to Virtual Tread or the Service, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise have all necessary rights to provide, post or submit such Submission. You will not provide, post or submit any Submissions that: (a) contain any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information, or (b) infringe any right of a third party, including intellectual property rights, or violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Some features of the Services may require connection to the Internet in order to function or third-party products, such as mobile operating systems and mobile devices. Such features may result in the transfer of certain data over such connections, which may or may not be secure or encrypted. You are solely responsible for obtaining (and paying for) any necessary Internet access, communication carriers charges, and third-party devices. Virtual Tread is not responsible for the availability of Internet connections or the security or integrity of data transmitted over such connections.
TERM AND TERMINATION
These Terms will remain in effect so long as you continue to access or use the Services, or until terminated in accordance with the provisions of these Terms. Without limiting any other provisions in these Terms, Virtual Tread may: (a) suspend or terminate your rights to access or use the Services, or (b) terminate these Terms with respect to you if Virtual Tread in good faith believes that you have used the Services in violation of these Terms.
POSTING AND CONDUCT RESTRICTIONS.
When you create your own personalized account or place an order, you may be able to provide (“User Content”). You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service. You agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. The Company, however, reserves the right to remove any User Content from the Service at its discretion.
The following rules pertain to User Content. By transmitting and submitting any User Content while using the Service, you agree as follows:
- You are solely responsible for your account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using your account;
- You will not post information that is malicious, false or inaccurate;
- You will not submit content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such content; and
- You hereby affirm we have the right to determine whether any of your User Content submissions are appropriate and comply with these Terms of Service, remove any and/or all of your submissions, and terminate your account with or without prior notice.
You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. The Company is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. The Company does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Service.
Stock images of wheel and tire assembly are for content purposes only. No tire is sold with a wheel unless otherwise stated in the description of the product listing. Tires displayed with a wheel is to best display how a mounted tire may look on a wheel.
All products are subject to availability, and we cannot guarantee that items will be in stock. We reserve the right to discontinue any products at any time for any reason. Prices for all products are subject to change.
ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by the Company, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. The Company does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Service and neither does the Company adopt nor endorse, nor is the Company responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than the Company. The Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends over the Service. Under no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
As part of the Service, the Company may provide you with convenient links to third party website(s) (“Third Party Sites”) as well as content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). These links are provided as a courtesy to Service subscribers. The Company has no control over Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content or the promotions, materials, information, goods or services available on these Third Party Sites or Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by the Company, and the Company is not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by the Company. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site.
COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENT
- Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. The Company respects the intellectual property rights of others and requests that the users do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(i) of the United States Copyright Act, the Company has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Service who are repeat infringers. The Company may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
- DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) (“DMCA”) by sending the following information in writing to the Company’s designated copyright agent at Tireweb Marketing Inc, 375 Park Ave, Suite 2607, New York, NY 10152.
- The date of your notification;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Counter-Notices. If you believe that your User Content that has been removed from the Site is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our copyright agent using the contact information set forth above:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- A description of the content that has been removed and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in New York and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Company copyright agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing such person that it may reinstate the removed content in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may (in the Company’s discretion) be reinstated on the Site in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice.
You acknowledge and agree that we and our licensors retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to the Service, including applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights. Other product and company names that are mentioned on the Service may be trademarks of their respective owners. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
EMAIL MAY NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE NOTICE
Communications made through the Service’s e-mail and messaging system, will not constitute legal notice to the Company or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to the Company is required by contract or any law or regulation.
USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
We may also use your email address, to send you other messages, including information about the Company and special offers. You may opt out of such email by contacting us.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding the Company or special offers.
DISPUTES AND ARBITRATION
Any dispute or claim relating in any way to these Terms or your access or use of any Services will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to these Terms. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court, including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages, and must follow the provisions of these Terms as a court would.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to Virtual Tread, Attention: Legal Department at 7500 NW 35th Terr, Miami, FL 33122. Your notice to Virtual Tread must: (a) provide your name, mailing address, and email address, (b) describe the dispute, and (c) state the relief you are requesting. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules, including the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA's rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules. Virtual Tread will reimburse those fees for claims totaling less than $1,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Virtual Tread will not seek attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person at either a mutually agreed location or the state (or province) in which you purchased the Product.
WAIVER OF CLASS ACTIONS. We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If, for any reason, a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in a state or federal court in Bucks County, Pennsylvania to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES; RELEASE
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE COMPANY OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, a restaurant or a merchant of a product or service that you review using the Service, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
The Services are subject to the export control laws, regulations and orders of the United States and may be subject to the export or import control laws and regulations of other countries. You will comply with all such laws and regulations that apply to the Services. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. You represent and warrant that you: (a) are not a citizen, national or resident of, nor under the control of, the government of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, or any other country to which the United States has prohibited export, (b) are not listed on the United States Department of Treasury lists of Specially Designated Nationals, Specially Designated Terrorists, and Specially Designated Narcotic Traffickers, nor listed on the United States Department of Commerce Table of Denial Orders, nor any other United States Government exclusion lists, (c) are not under the control of or an agent for anyone on such lists or the entities listed above, (d) will not export or re-export any portion of the Services, directly, or indirectly, to the above-mentioned countries or to citizens, nationals, or residents of those countries or to persons on the above mentioned lists, and (e) will not use the Services for, and will not allow the Services to be used for, any purposes prohibited by United States law, including for the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons of mass destruction.
Government End Users
The Services are comprised of commercial computer software. If you are an agency, department, or other entity of the United States Government, the use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure, or transfer of the Services, or any related documentation of any kind, including technical data and manuals, is restricted by these Terms in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation 12.212 for civilian purposes and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement 227.7202 for military purposes. The Services and software contained therein were developed fully at private expense. All other use is prohibited.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed consistent with applicable law. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of the Company to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with the Company must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
Terms & Conditions last updated 10/18/2019
- Agreement To Terms
- Registration; Rules For User Conduct And Use Of The Service
- Use Restrictions
- Ownership and License
- Internet-based Components
- Term and Termination
- Posting and Conduct Restrictions
- Online Content Disclaimer
- Links to other Sites and/or Materials
- Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent
- Intellectual Property
- User Consent To Recieve Communications in Electronic Form
- Disputes and Arbitration
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Limitation of Damages; Release
- Export Compliance
- Government End Users
- General Terms