Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Policy and you have an active account with us, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use any of Services to understand how your personal information is used.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate data”. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
- Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us on our Site, and when you register for and use our Services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our Services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
- Contact Information. We collect the email addresses you provide for contacts you enter or upload into your private contacts page. When you choose to collaborate or share files with others, we also collect email addresses you provide to email invitations to those individuals on your behalf.
- Device and Activity Information. When you use your Device with the Site, data recorded on your Device about your activity is transferred from your Device to our servers. This data is stored and used to provide the Service and is associated with your account. We also collect information about any rehabilitee protocols you may be using.
- Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid Client account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
- Submissions and Client Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Services. For example, it is standard for your web browser to automatically send information to every web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to track web pages you visit, process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our Services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Client or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Client that better meet your needs;
- to store contacts, you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
- to send emails to users you invite (and contacts you invite to become users) to collaborate and access your files;
- to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Sharing of Personal Information
Client reserves the right to share aggregated information about our customers, sales, and traffic to our partners and advertisers. We will not give, sell, rent, share, or trade any of your personal information with any third party except as outlined in this Policy or with your consent. We may disclose personal information to a third party:
- To provide the Services to you;
- That has contracted with us to provide the Services to you;
- To comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- In the good faith belief that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency, or protect the personal safety of any person;
- If you are an individual Client registered user, and the domain of the primary email address associated with your Client account is owned by your employer and that email address was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and that organization wishes to establishes a Client corporate account and add you to it, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
Those users can see your name, email address, photo and information from your Profile page, and any files you choose to share; and they can post comments and email you. Collaborators you invite as editors can also edit your shared files, upload documents and photos to your shared files, share those documents outside of Client, and give other users rights to view your shared files.
This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about you and our users with third parties for various purposes in perpetuity, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our Services, to provide new Services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Network and Information Security
Client takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, highly confidential personal information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on our Site is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information, we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information
If your personal information changes in any way, you must correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on Client at any time. You can also request changes or access to your information by emailing email@example.com.
Client may send you communications or data regarding our Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our Services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Client by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and Services.
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to email@example.com.